Have you ever thought you might need to visit a Social Security office? Chances are you do not. You can probably conduct your business with us without even leaving your home. Our online services page at www.ssa.gov/onlineservices provides you a wide variety of self-service options you can use on your phone, tablet, or computer. You can even apply for retirement, disability, or Medicare online.
With a personal mySocial Security account, you can:
- Get your Social Security Statement.
- Request a replacement Social Security card, in most states and the District of Columbia.
- Appeal a decision.
- Find out if you qualify for benefits.
Do you receive Social Security benefits or Medicare? If so, you can create or log in to your personal mySocial Security account to:
- Get your benefit verification letterfor Social Security, Medicare, and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Check your information and benefit amount.
- Change your address and telephone number.
- Start or change your direct deposit.
- Request a replacement Medicare card.
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
- Report your wages if you work and receive disability benefits or SSI.
Create a personal mySocial Securityaccount today at www.ssa.gov/myaccount to take advantage of these easy-to-use features. Also, share our online services page with family and friends who need this important information.